My daughter is having her friend over after school. These two never make good decisions together. They have been BFF’s for more than half their lives and both her mother and I hesitate to get them together outside of school because of the trouble they create. Today I am going around my house to make sure there are less things to invite them to do bad. As I was looking around the house yesterday (especially the upstairs) I realized we are in no shape to have a guest, and next weekend we are having house-guests overnight.
I have been so focused on the main floor (and I still have the office to deal with down there) that the upstairs has taken a beating. This should be time well spent.
I also am bringing the ugliest, messiest mass of cupcakes in to my daughters school for her half birthday. She wanted to decorate them herself and she used sprinkles and frosting to make 50 little works of Lily art. I have already let her teacher know I am sorry. His response was that he would make a big deal of it because he likes it when kids take the initiative. I thought that was sweet.
Last but not least I am getting my neck adjusted again. Apparently the re-model of the bathroom set my second vertebrae out more than it has ever been (and that is saying something) causing me neck pain and headaches. I had it adjusted on Wednesday so today is a follow up to make sure it is back in place for the weekend.
Yesterday I went down to the Uof M Children’s hospital with a friend of mine for an assessment of her son. The facility is beautiful, but I can say I was so thankful to not be there for anything more serious for my friend, and I hope to never have to visit there with my children. Just that 90 minute visit really put lots of stuff into perspective about thankfulness. I picked up my kids from school and gave them a hug and told them I love them. That is not something I remember to do every day. While my almost 11 year old son is an awkward huger…I will keep working on it :)
Off to clean!
No comments:
Post a Comment