Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Missing the little things.


I normally get at least 2 calls a week to sub and this year I had not gotten any.  None.  I thought I had done something wrong the last time I subbed and I might never sub again.  I was sad.  I LOVE subbing.  I love the challenge of the kids, the learning of the information I am teaching (long division anyone?), the social aspect of the lunch room (teacher lunch rooms, especially high school, are the best). 
I focused my energies on the house, doing the deep cleans that take days, tackling the half bath in the main floor that I have wanted to paint ever since my daughter wrote her name next to the toilet in something that even magic eraser couldn’t get off.  I even stopped listening for the phone to ring starting at 5:00 in the morning.  I was feeling very good about what I had accomplished, but I missed my outside interaction. 
Today I finally called to see what the problem was.  I wanted to face it head on and see if I could fix it.  Turns out it was a super easy fix.  Some computer situation that had reset at the beginning of the year.  Done. 
Of course now I have mixed emotions because I don’t want to stop my quest to organize my home, but I need to figure out a way to continue with intermittent interruptions.  This will be my quest going forward. 
I also need to get my (expanding) butt back to the gym!  I have been so physically busy with the house that I haven’t had the energy for the gym, but I am going to get back on that!  Feb 27th my husband and I are starting p90x2 and I would rather ease into it than have that crazy soreness that comes with butt kicking workouts straight off the couch. 
I have to say that I am thankful for the things I have done well on this year.  Two new items, both less than $50(together) is a major accomplishment for me.  My declutter quest is going so well, I am keeping the budget up to date and keeping our spending in check and my eating has been healthier than it would have been last year at the same time.  To make so many changes at the same time I knew would result in some setbacks.  I don’t see them as failures, but as opportunities to improve:)
Now, to help my mind and my budget, I need to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment