Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh Well…

Yesterday I gave in.  It was a small purchase, but I know it’s a slippery slope so I need to make sure to keep myself in check going forward.  I have noticed I have been waking up with headaches and yesterday morning I woke up with my hand splayed across the side of my face.  I have been grinding my teeth at night.  I am pretty sure it’s from this situation with my Grandma that has been causing me stress.  I used to have a bite guard from the dentist, but I stopped wearing it (because it had gotten gross after 5 years of wear) and then proceeded to lose it when we moved 6 years ago.  Knowing insurance will only pay for one mouth guard per lifetime, I bought an $18, form it at home, mouth guard.  I used it last night and woke up headache free.   Well worth it.
Today I am cleaning out cabinets.  Turns out when you only do it every few years they get pretty gross and there are lots of things to throw away/give away/find with surprise!  I found quite a few things I had been looking for.  2 lazy Susan’s 3 pan cupboards, recipe cabinet (got rid of most of it…I use the internet for most of my cooking/baking anymore), a “random stuff” cabinet and the hot beverage cabinet.  I would love to have the stones to do the spice cabinet, and the drawers on the one side of the island today, but…another day.
I also made a “get it out of my house” run to Goodwill and the can return.  We had $11.10 in cans and bottles…a box in our garage that was overflowing and every time I tried to put more in it would spill out.  It was a win/win to take the time to take them back.  It was a clothing/ kitchen supply run and it felt amazing! 
We are heading up to the ski hill on Saturday and Sunday and we bring food to eat at the mountain.  I am making Chicken Noodle soup (made the stock the other day after we had a chicken for dinner) and bringing stuff for sandwiches.  I purchase chips, snacks and drinks when they are on sale so they will be coming up as well.  Aside from Sandwich supplies today I have most of what I need in the house already.  Since we already have our equipment and lift passes it should be a great weekend of cheap living.   All we have to do is purchase the gas back and forth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment