Monday, January 2, 2012

Accelerating, but not yet top speed.



It was super easy not to buy anything new yesterday since I didn’t leave the house.  I cleaned out my closet!  I put 16 items into the goodwill pile and threw away 2 already broken toys from Christmas.  Grand Total of 18 items.  Good start!  I was thankful in my post.  That is about it.  I plan to get back on the workout train tomorrow as we get back into the swing of things.  Today I am writing down what I eat, but without much care for what it is.  Again, tomorrow I am back on it.  Meditation is hard to do with a houseful of caged up kids. 
It was funny yesterday as I cleaned.  There were things I would normally just throw out since it’s just easier.  Things like bobby pins and pony tail holders normally just get chucked with everything else. Today I thought “this could be necessary later in the year”, so I picked them up and put them in their place.  I also picked up coins.  There have been many times when I would just suck them up with the vacuum.  Now I see their value to our larger goal.  I also found my car/cell phone charger.  As I cleaned I would walk around the house and just think of all that needed to be done in each room.  I have a busy year ahead.  My kids rooms need lots of attention, my kitchen needs a full on clean/organization, my furnace room is a wreck and I could go on and on.  We have a lot of space in this house…too much space becomes crap everywhere.  I need to make a plan. 
Today I was challenged by the “not getting new product until the last of the old is used up” resolution.  I went into the pharmacy (which was my first mistake) and almost bought new moisturizer and dark spot remover.  I knew I had some of each left, but not a ton and I wanted to try something new.  I did the same thing both times.  Found the product I wanted, picked it up, reminded myself of my resolution and put it back down.  Pretty sure I looked like a nut bag.  I ended up putting on blinders to get to the pharmacy, purchased my refills and, head down, headed for the door.  Mission accomplished! 
The rest of the day I plan to get everyone’s outfits ready for the week (the hubs is on his own), make some brownies in my new brownie pan which was a Christmas present and gather my moisturizer/dark spot remover so that I will be ready tonight when I wash my face.  I can’t buy new until these are used.  I best use them up!
I am thankful for school today.  I can’t wait until my kids go back there tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment