Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ten days and counting.



 
So far 2012 has been an excellent year in the “personal goals” category.  I feel like I am finally making a dent in my house (most rooms I would consider “10 minutes to clean” which is my top ranking…because I am never going to have an all clean all the time house), I am being more careful with my eating, my working out is back on the right track, I am doing well with the budget and I have not purchased anything new (aside from food).  I realize 10 days is a bit early to celebrate, but string 37 of those babies together and you’ve got yourself a year! 
I have not been so great on the meditation front.  This year has been particularly trying in regards to my extended family and, while I would benefit most from taking the time right now, I cannot seem to find the place in my mind/life to sit and reflect…not even for a few minutes.  This is something I need to work on. 
That said, this situation has reminded me just how little control I have.  I thought certain events would go a certain way, and they turned out to be completely the opposite.  I have no control.  What I do control is how I respond to the outcomes.  I can comfort eat, I can shop, I can have a drink (alcoholic of course), or I can take a few deep breaths, call a friend to vent, cry a little and take the dog for a walk.  At the very least I can laugh at the absurdity of the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment