I have a whole list of things I want to complete this week. First, after cleaning out every single cabinet and drawer in the kitchen, I am going to wash them down with the old Murphy’s oil soap and then Liquid Gold them. Also going to give that royal treatment to the banister for the main stair case. I can’t remember the last time I did that and it is so desperately needed. I also want to get to the restore store in Saginaw to look for a new (to me) towel holder for the half bath. The one I have is broken and every time someone uses the towel it falls apart. If I can also find a toilet paper holder so much the better. On that same note I would like to get to the Home Depot and purchase some Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint so I can do some painting of the brass/gold accents in our home that have been driving me crazy for the last 5 years. Then I plan to do some spraying! While I am in Saginaw I plan to hit some thrift stores to see what treasures I can unearth.
It’s funny, when new things were on the table I would not bother with the stuff I am talking about today (door handles, fixtures etc) because I would think that I want new and until I can get all new I won’t bother…and I would never bother. With new off the table I am looking for ways to improve the things I have that are functional, replacing with used the things that aren’t and giving all new life. It’s a different mind set and one I actually prefer.
On Thursday I am going to go down to Ann Arbor with a friend for some therapy for her son, lunch and probably a trip to Trader Joes. I don’t need a ton of stuff, but I will appreciate a visit. It’s like a breath of fresh air to get to a big liberal city!
I would like to get called in at least one day this week. It’s been over two weeks since I have subbed and I am starting to feel like I need to work again.
If I get a chance I plan to clean out the hutch in our living room. It is FULL of DVD’s (most of which are so scratched we never watch them) CD’s (who uses those anymore?) and general crap that just needs to go.
Next week I plan to clean out and organize the furnace room. It is the only true storage area in our home and I have started using it as a place to store things I want to take to the cottage, things for the kitchen I don’t use all the time (icecream maker, large crockpot, George Forman grill etc) and keepsakes for the kids and I. It also houses old paperwork (every mortgage we have ever closed…and that is a lot!). I am not looking forward to doing it, but I am looking forward to having it done.
So let’s get this party started right! Happy week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment